Old Eversley Lodge No. 5259
Meeting at
   St. Bartholomew's Masonic Hall
   Russell Street
   West Midlands
   WS10 7AZ
Print this pageAdd to Favorite
Lodge History 
The Lodge was consecrated on 21st October 1931 at Wretham Road Masonic Hall, Handsworth, Birmingham, by the Deputy Provincial Grand master of Staffordshire, V. Wor. Bro JFG Pieterson PGD and Officers of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Staffordshire.
Several of the Petitioners and Founder Members were Members of St James Lodge€ No. 482 which had agreed to sponsor the Application and to offer its support as "Mother Lodge”.
The name "Eversley" was taken from the house of that name which had been the residence of W.Bro. F G Whittall PAGDC who was one of the Petitioners and a Founder Member.
The Lodge Banner depicts "Eversley" and was based upon a painting of the house which has remained in the possession of the Whittall family although the house itself is long gone.
The Lodge met at St. James Masonic Hall at Wretham Road, Handsworth from its founding in 1931, although there were of necessity some temporary venues when the hall was taken over for other purposes during the Second World War. In the 1980's the Members elected to make a change in venue and moved to St. Bartholemew's Masonic Hall at Wednesbury where it still meets today.
Since its formation the Lodge has had in excess of 166 Members of whom over 70 have become Masters of the Lodge.